Your wedding day is a long day event, read on to know how to have perfect kissable lips all throughout the day. One fact you should know is that lips do not have oil glands thus you must make sure they get moisturised. Basic rule of the thumb is to always have your lip balm with you to prepare your lips on the big day. For those who frequently use lipstick it is best to use one that has herbal and natural moisturiser content.
How to Define Your Lips
1) Select the closest shade of lip liner to your lipstick colour. If you have thin lips then draw the outline simply outside your natural lip line. If you want to make your lips look thinner then draw an outline inside the normal lip line. Outlining your lips also prevents lip colour bleeding.
2) Make the most of your natural lip shape by drinking plenty of water each day to prevent chapping or cracking.
3) Mix sugar and olive oil to then rub it gently on your lips to exfoliate.
Simple Tips in Using Lipstick, Lip liner and Lip Gloss
1) Apply your lip gloss over a coat of lipstick to give it shine and to smoothen it out. This improves the colour of your lips and serves a double protection to your lips. Such is really helpful to make your lips more attractive on your wedding photos and this also keep your lip colour longer throughout the day. Lip gloss creates fuller, kissable lips.
2) Use a sheer coat of foundation to make your lip colour last longer. Dust compact powder on your lips then apply your lipstick. This is best for dark lips to make the lipstick more visible.
3) Pick the right tone for your skin tone and the theme of your wedding. Your lip colour should complement the rest of your look from your wedding gown down to your accessories and ultimately your eye shadow. Do you want to look sexy on your wedding and wear red? Are you thinking to be simple in nude color? Or do you want to stand out with hot pink lips? Before settling on the colour test it not only for shade but also for texture.
4) Decide on whether you want your lipstick to glossy, creamy, matte or frost. Use a brush to smoothen your lipstick on your lips to make sure it is spread evenly. It is best to have to coats applied. Choose the one that suits your lip type.
5) Use a long-wear lipstick on your wedding day. You do not want to have your lipstick wear off after kissing your groom. You would want to choose a good brand of lipstick that will last long on your lips even after champagne and a piece of your wedding cake.
Your lips can say it all. Make sure to have these simple tips in mind so you can enjoy luscious lips all throughout your wedding day. To make your entire makeup last longer, go for wedding airbrush makeup.
Watch my great animated video on tips for great lips.
5 Quick Tips to Great Lips (Preparation Guide)
1) Drink lots of water. Always try to carry a bottle of water with you in your handbag when you go out, helping your skin and lips to stay hydrated.
2) Try to keep licking or biting your lips to a minimum, as this can remove the protective layer to the lips.
3) Gently exfoliate your lips once a week. Be cautious if you have sensitive skin or chapped lips.
4) Always carry and regularly use a good quality mosturising lip balm. Keeping it on overnight is a great way of waking up in the morning with soft kissable lips.
5) Try and protect your lips from wind and cold and overexposure to sunlight.
photo credit: Orofacial via photopin cc
Many brides consider picking the right make up for thier wedding day just as essential as selecting the right groom!
Imagine a bride without trace of make up on her face, not many of us are lucky enough to have perfect skin and great natural colour as the bride below, sure in the modern time considering not wearing make-up is as good as impossible.
Their will be allot of strain of thoose lips, this day in particular. One thing is for sure: you will be blowing uncountable kisses and be asked by the photographer to have a ‘quick kiss’ a hundred times! So you wonder which lipstick is suitable for your wedding day!
The basic idea to remember is that you will only want to enhance either your eyes or your lips, so first you have to decide which of these two it is going to be. Try pairing bright lip colors with minimal eye make up to attract all the lights to your lips or the other way round and choose a natural lipstick to achieve a softer lip look and the deeper focus on your eyes. The sky is the limit with the choices here, so all you have to do is choose which way you will go.
In both cases all you have to do is read on to discover the top 4 wedding lipstick shades for your big day that will make your lips more kissable than ever.
1. Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Faubourg Peach #30(£ 22): What else is there to ask from a smooth and creamy lipstick other than to make your lips pop on your big day and give you a sensual and radiant lip shine? Well this long lasting product will stay put for many hours and you can choose from 22 amazing shades which ones suites you best! Number 30 will be giving your lips a pastel coral shade with peach undertones that can be ideally combined with natural eye make up if what you are looking for is to highlight your natural beauty.
2. Be addicted to Dior Addict High Shine #454 Rose Show(£17): with a feel of butter in your mouth this high-shine lipstick with a great texture that glides on easily is here to provide you with an amazing glass effect to enhance shine, volume & color that delivers intense moisture to your lips and gives you a glamorous lip color on the day that you need it the most. If you wish to impress everyone -and especially the groom- on this special day then try the rose show color for sexy, velvety, shimmering and seductive lips!
3. Dior's serum de Rouge #850 Red(£20). For scarlet red bride's lips, what you need is the perfect red lipstick. If you wish to make a statement with your lipstick- as in the groom is marrying the hottest girl on the planet- then a sexy red lipstick is what you are looking for! Be aware that especially if you are blonde this will be the ideal lip color for you. Why this one? Beacause you will be dazzled by its creamy and moisturizing effect but be aware that you will need to really it every two hours. This vibrant, bright red color could be easily combined with natural make and perhaps a beige or brown eyeshadow for a more natural eye effect as you cannot attract the attention on both eyes and lips. This is a color that will take your bridal lip make up to an other dimension as long as you keep it with you to refresh it every no and then!
4. Mac's pro Longwear Lipcreme Love Forever(£10): Do you want a girlie poppy pink with a lightweight texture and creamy finish? Then this lipstick by Mac is what you are looking for asit is has it all! Comfortable longwear and slick in use, will allow you to blow thousands of kisses to all your guests as it lasts up to 12 hours and without a need for top coat and the best part is that the color stays true and helps your sexy lips stay soft. Well if this isn't a miracle lipstick then what is?
Get your perfect summer lips
One of summers big trends is all about Luscious lips. I've tested some of these to get you the perfect pout! All have added benefits!:
My Favourite 3 products:
1. Clinique: Vitamin C Smoothie Anti-Oxidant Lip Colour-
This feels like a Lip Balm but looks like a gloss and with the added benefit of Vitamin C and anti-oxidants! This is the perfect little treat!
2. Bobbi Brown: Treatment Lip Shine
If your not a fan of Lipstick but want a hint more colour than gloss these are for you! Gorgeously fresh and moisturising and contains SPF! Perfect for looking after your lips.
3. Dior Addict: Plumping Volume Spectacular Shine Gloss-
I love these glosses! Beautiful range of colours, great shine and Volume Boosting! Always a bonus.
These are all fresh and add the perfect finishing touch to your Summer, Wedding look, while looking after your lips!
Make-up Tips for Your Lips
Tip: For longer lasting lipstick, applying lip liner not just around the edges of your lips but all over them! Then layer your favourite shade of lipstick over the top! (The lip liner needs to be the same colour as your lipstick, to keep it fresh and natural. )
WHY? It will make sure your lip colour stay put for longer, this is very important for your wedding day as it means less touch-ups!
MY FAVOURITE PRODUCT
Bobbi Brown Lip liner:
A long-wearing lip liner, you can’t go wrong with Bobbi Brown.
watch Bobbi Browns lips how to video