Here is the second video in my series of quick tips -
Tips to Spotless Skin
1) Spend time to go outside! the outdoors can do wonder for your stress leaves and skin! Even if your working from home, make time for a quick 10 minute stroll. Even if its overcast the suns rays can still stimulate your body to create more vitamin D. If its too sunny, make sure to protect your exposed skin!
2) Assess your diet. This is a highly disputed and debated issue in the skincare world and not allot of things can be proven to be bad for your skin. Though things like more water, vegetables, nuts and seeds have been proven to be good for your skins condition. Consuming less fatty foods, fast foods, caffeine, dairy and red meat can’t be a bad thing to do anyway!
3) Visit a Dermatologist. If you have problem skin then visit a skin care expert ( a real qualified one!). Many women will think about what product or magic solution they need to solve their skins issues, leading them to visit a department store for advice. The problem with this approach is that the sales person at the department store is probably not a qualified dermatologist and their job will be to ‘sell you the products you need!’
4) Wash your face twice a day. Studies have shown that washing your face more than two times a day brings no added benefit and is more likely to cause more issues such as drying out your skin.
5) Start a good skin care regime. Your dermatologist will give you all the steps on creating a great skin care regime. Remember to give your recommended products time to work and stick by them. Also please make sure to remove your make-up before you go to sleep, letting your skin breath.
Most brides will try to be in great shape and also take an effort to maintain a skin regimen in preparation for their wedding day. Unfortunately even with the best skincare plan in the world there are just some things beyond our own control; (don’t say it out loud but…) you might wake up with a zit on your big day.
There is no need to panic, let your makeup artist do the magic. Don’t panic! You can still be that glowing bride walking down the aisle.
Here is a quick list of solutions for the most common skin issues on your wedding day:
Problem Number 1: That Spot
To cover the unwanted spot, try blending the concealer on and around the blemish so it would not look obvious. Before applying makeup, make sure your skin is properly cleansed with a mild exfoliating cleanser.
You can then apply a tinted anti-blemish. The salicylic acid from this cream will eliminate your unwanted spot and the mild tint conceals and blends effortlessly under makeup. Always use a primer to smoothen the texture of the skin before you apply the concealer. Finish your base with a translucent powder.
Problem 2: Uneven or Patchy Skin
Stila One Step
This innovative serum instantly brightens and colour corrects your skin tone to help improve tone, completion, lines and wrinkles. The green colour helps minimise redness, peach brightens the skin and the lavender helps counteract sallow undertones.
Problem Number 3: Puffy Eyes
Phytomer Regard Merveilleux - Puffiness Decreasing Eye Cream is a great product if you suffer regular from puffy eyes. For a quick solution on the morning of your wedding, the main tip is to cool them down. There are many ways to do this from cooled tea bags to using a cooled slice of cucumber. Put it on for five to ten minutes as this is proven to reduce swelling.
Problem Number 4: Dark Circles
Try this great new innovative product Nip and fab CC Eye Fix Dark , its a refreshing eye cream and concealer in one., available in light or medium shade. Apply under the eyes along the lash line to conceal those dark circles, its a light weight cream which helps to brighten and colour correct. Apply your usual foundation over the top.
Problem Number 5: Cold Sore
Give your doctor a call to prescribe you Famvir or Valtrex. If you cannot contact your doctor then go get Abreva at a pharmacy. In case you do not have time to go a pharmacy, then stick with visine to get rid of the red while Preparation H will lessen swelling. You can also have a cold compress and Tylenol to make you feel and look better. Beauty experts also suggest exfoliating lightly the area then covering it with a little concealer. If its the case that the cold sore is on the lip, applying dark red lipstick often helps to hide the worst of it.
If you have sometime before you wedding day and you fear getting that cold sore try L Lysine, considered a long-term excellent treatment to help in the prevention of cold sores.
Problem Number 6: Dry Skin
For this problem, apply moisturiser first before any makeup. Wait for it to be absorbed then apply a silicone-based primer., after applying the primer, apply a light tinted moisturiser as a foundation. This will keep your skin hydrated and your makeup to last for hours. For bride-to-be with dry skin, it is advisable to lessen the amount of exfoliating and scrubbing of the skin in the weeks leading up-to he wedding.
Obviously flawless skin is a perfect canvass for your wedding makeup but it is not always achievable. If your suffering from skin problems on the morning of your wedding ask if its appropriate to use airbrush makeup. This ensures coverage of blemishes and will last long enough for you to be worried-free on your big day.
photo credit: johngarghan via photopin cc
Recovering from Dry and Damaged Winter Skin
The winter plays havoc with your skin leaving it feeling tight and looking dull- just like the weather! to get it back up to scratch check out this skin regime to help give a boost and get your skin Spring ready!
Throughly cleanse skin with a hydrating cleanser, massage into the for a minute and then rinse with luke warm water. Hot water will dry out the skin too much. For an added glow rinse skin with cold water. I like Dermalogica Essential Cleansing Solution as its creamy so will not strip skin of all its moisture.
1) Using an exfoliator will help boost circulation in the skin and get rid of any dead skin and help your moisturiser absorb deeper. Try Clinique 7 day scrub. This is quite creamy so will not dry out your skin.
2) Use an alcohol free toner to tighten pores and cleanse any remaining cleanser. For added hydration I like to spritz my skin with Dermalogica Multi Active Toner.
3) Boost your skin and help add moisture by using a booster or Serum. This will double up with your mosituriser for hydration and there are lots to help target specific needs. For anti-ageing try Estee Lauder Advanced Repair Serum, for dry skin try Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Supplement and for sensitive skin and redness try Dermalogica Gentle soothing booster.
4) Moisturise This is key to perfect looking skin. Massage in a good cream in circular motions for a minute or so. I like Bobbi Brown Hydrating moistriser for this winter as it smells fab and the moisture really sinks and and makes skin feel plump and never dry.
View our wedding preparation guide on how to get your skin and hair in shape
Some Wedding Beauty Preparation Tips
Have a browse around my new webpage, telling you how to prepare you hair, face and body to look at your best for your wedding day!
Here are 3 quick tips!
1) Leave yourself plenty of time to start preparing your body, skin and hair. It takes your skin approximately 4 weeks, to completely renew itself, so get in good skincare habits early, to achieve glowing skin.
2) Exfoliate your body and face 2 days before your wedding day. This will get rid off dull skin leaving you radiant on your wedding day.
3) Get your nails done! Make sure your nails are in tiptop condition for those detailed wedding photographs!
Make-up Tips for Your Skin
Tip: For flawless foundation insure you prep your skin first. Repeat after me! Cleanse, Tone, Moisturise....!
WHY? Everyone needs to make sure they have a smooth and even as possible canvas to work on before applying their make-up. This will help make-up last longer, help to improve skin tone / texture and help to make sure that your skin looks radiant.
MY FAVOURITE PRODUCTS
1) Dermalogica: Special Cleansing Gel
2) Estee Lauder: Perfectly Clean Light Lotion Cleanser
1) Dermalogica: Multi Active Toner
2) Lancome: Tonique Douceur
1) Laura Mercier: Perfecting Water Rich
2) Estee Lauder: Day Wear Plus
Products for Flawless Wedding Skin
For a squeaky clean face, start a great skin care regime with one of these......
1. Dermalogica- Special Cleansing Gel
Great for most skin types it throughly cleanses the skin whilst calming irritated areas. Brilliant.
2. Bobbi Brown- Lathering Tube Soap
A luxurious cleansing soap, that feels like a cream. Leaves skin soft and smooth and smells delicious.
3. Neutrogena- Visibly Clear Gentle Exfoliating Wash
Great for oilier skin types and good to help clear congestion. The exfoliator is mild enough to use everyday.
4. Dr Hauschka- Cleansing Cream
Can be used for all skin types and especially good for those with sensitive skin. Leaves skin soft and clean.
5. Estee Lauder- Perfectly Clean Foaming Cleanser
Very refreshing and leaves skin ultra clean. Great for those with a normal to combination skin type.