Christmas Luxury Make-up Gift List.
I Love Christmas!! What could be better to start celebrating than the launch of the new Christams make-up collections from some of our favourite brands!
YSL Christmas Holiday Look 2010
The new Limited Edition collection that was launched a few weeks ago is top of my santa wish list.
The collection is based on the metallics seen at some of the top catwalk shows. It contains nail polishes, lipsticks,glosses and some new shimmer face and eye powders. Check out my run down of my favs.
YSL Shimmer powder comes in a pretty pink pouch. Stunning
YSL Gold shimmer gloss- twinkle all the way! Although it was difficult to decide between the four beautiful colours.
YSL Touche D'or Gold illuminator Pen- this handy little pen is AMA-ZING! It may not last very long.......
Duo Eyeshadow includes a pale blue and contrasting maroon shade. Great for on there own or beautiful mixed together you can creat some great catwalk looks.
The collection also includes some stunning metallic nail polishes.
Some other products that will also be included on my list:
Bobbi Brown: The Brand new Bare to Bold Palette eyeshadow palette. It includes six hues that will take you perfectly from day to night in one glamourous sweep!
Long Wear Gel eyeliner in Chocolate Shimmer Ink is a dark but shimmery liner great for adding a bit of party sparkle to your evening look.
They also have on sale some perfect palettes from there holiday collection to achieve your different party looks.
The MAC Tartan Tale holiday collection includes some little pots of Pigments, glosses and eyeshadows. I particularly like the Tartan make-up bags which come filled with goodies!
My fav being Vain & Glorious Lip Bag, this one comes with a Lip liner, lipstick and Gloss.
Other bags are filled with eye make-up and face make-up.
Santa Make-up Stockings!
My guide to the best seasonal make-up, beauty and hair products. But don't hang around as some of these are Limited Edition! Perfect as gifts or as a little treat. I have been a very good girl this year....!
£ 5 and under
* Girls Aloud Party Lashes (from Debenhams or Boots)
* Collection 2000 Glitter Eyeliners (from Boots or Superdrug)
* Next Spa Paradise Renew Your skin Coconut & Fragipani Cream Body Wash (from Next)
* Next loves chocolate bath fizzers (from Next)
Fake Bake for New Look Oil Free Moisturiser
£ 10 and under
* Boots No.7 Limited Edition Christmas Glitter Mascara (from Boots)
Fearne Cotton Gloss over it Lip Gloss set (from Boots)
* Next Gold Nail Varnish Gift Set (from Next)
* Fake Bake for New Look Pasty to Tasty- Wash off tan
Fake Bake for New Look Bland to Tanned - Self Tan
Sanctuary Spa Favourites Gift Set (from Boots)
£ 20 and under
* St tropez Mini Bronzing gift set- (from Boots)
* Boots No.7 The Mirrorball Collection Eye Palette (from Boots)
* YSL Holiday 2010 Collection Gold Sparkle Lipgloss (from Debenhams)
Umberto Giannini Perfect Beauty Set (from Boots)
Sanctuary Spa Perfect Skin Set (from Boots)
* Urban Decay All nighter Long last make-up setting spray (from Boots, House of Fraser)
The best 5 handy tools to help keep you look wonderfully groomed:
1. Eye lash curlers: These are one of my favourite tools, I always like curled lashes as it makes them look thicker and longer! Try Shu Uemura for the best lash curlers! At the moment check out their limited edition in gold!! Because a girl deserves to be pampered!
2. Tweezers- How could we function with out them?! Great for getting rid of unwanted strays. I like to use them to help get a grip on false eyelashes! Tweezermans are must haves! Benefit have teamed up with tweezerman to produce some lovely ones. An ideal present for your bridesmaids!
3. Sponges and powder puffs. I mainly use brushes and fingertip when applying make-up but sponges are an ideal way to blend away any harsh lines. Also good for applying cream products. A powder puff is perfect for pushing powder into the skin. and to mop up any oily areas. Ruby and Millie do the best sponges and Powder puffs, they are great quality and easy to wash.
4. Eyelash adhesive and lashes- Try Duo eyelash adhesive this will work with all false lashes. It's perfect because it's white so you can see how much your applying but then dries clear, it doesn't have a strong odour like some adhesives do, and they will stay put all day but the glue is very easy to dissolve meaning no damaging your own lashes. Don't forget to team it with your fav falsies for a pretty bridal look!
5. Nail files and polish- No-one wants scruffy looking nails. Keep yours in tip top condition with a nail emery bored and perfect polish. Go for a french polish for your wedding day. Or if your a bridesmaid or guest why not match it with your outfit to lip colour. Nails Inc do the best range of colours from classic to on-trend, there is a colour to suit every occasion.
Some Wedding Beauty Preparation Tips
Have a browse around my new webpage, telling you how to prepare you hair, face and body to look at your best for your wedding day!
Here are 3 quick tips!
1) Leave yourself plenty of time to start preparing your body, skin and hair. It takes your skin approximately 4 weeks, to completely renew itself, so get in good skincare habits early, to achieve glowing skin.
2) Exfoliate your body and face 2 days before your wedding day. This will get rid off dull skin leaving you radiant on your wedding day.
3) Get your nails done! Make sure your nails are in tiptop condition for those detailed wedding photographs!
Guide to Wedding Day Mascaras !
1. YSL Mascara Waterproof Mascara in Black I love this one. I like the consistency, it's creamy and makes your eyelashes look lush! A full flutter is always great to finish off your bridal look. It will not smudge and is perfect if you have some tears.
2. Bobbi Brown Perfectly Defined Mascara- Makes lashes very long with any clumps. Perfect if you want wedding eyes that look polished and pretty but not too full on. Good for defining long lashes and getting into the corners as it has a thin wand.
3. Max Factor False Eye Lash Mascara in Waterproof- Make eyes defined and adds loads of volume. This seriously doesn't budge! A think wand but it is very flexible so you can still reach the corners. The dark colour is perfect for a smokey grey wedding look.
4. L'oreal Volume Million Lashes- I really like the fact that this comb type wand helps build up the volume without adding any clumps. Perfect for a glamourous wedding look without adding false eyelashes.
5. Estee Lauder Magnascopic Mascara- Perfect wand which helps lengthens lashes and boosts them to the max. Doesn't feel like your wearing lots of make-up. A great all round mascara perfect for all wedding looks great not only for the bride but for mothers and bridesmaids.
WATER-PROOF TIP-- Mascara formulas are much better than they used to be for not running every-time your eyes water. If your worried about using a mascara that is not waterproof, in case you have a few wedding tears, then try using Benefit's She Laq over the top of your mascara(wait for it to dry first). This handy little product can also double up as a lip sealant for your lips! Long lasting lipstick is always a bonus.
Summer Wedding Make-up Must Haves !
So far this year I personally have covered over 50 weddings !! We are well into the wedding season now so I thought I would share a few things about the current wedding make-up trends and my favourite products!
The airbase makeup (airbrush make-up system) is going down a treat, its perfect for oily skins as it lasts all-day long with that perfect matte finish (helping to prevent shiny noses!). As it was designed for HD Films and television its sure to show your skin at its best for all your wedding photos.
Bronzed skin always looks great, so try Dior Bronze Matte Sunshine Bronzing Powder. I like to dust a little bit all over the face for a natural glow. I then add subtle shimmer to the apples of the cheeks, try the classic Bobbi Brown Shimmer brick!
For the eyes- Violet and purple colours were the big trends on the catwalk this season, so we incorporated this into some of our summer wedding looks. Using a combination of textures we were able to create different hues to suit all skin tones!
4) False Lashes!! As you can tell from my previous post I love false eyelashes! These have been even bigger this season than last! The demand has been high, especially now with the huge fab ranges to choose from. If you think they maybe over the top for your wedding look try YSL false eyelash mascara, its fab but don’t forget to buy it in waterproof!
Here at K Fuller we love False Eyelashes!
I love false eyelashes. The ranges on the market at the moment are extensive but fab!
Lots of my clients have been asking about these at the moment, so I thought I would give you a little info on the ones I like to use to help you pick your perfect lashes.
A great value range of lashes, suitable for all occasions. Look out for the Limited Edition ranges. I especially like at the moment the Girls Aloud Festival lashes, to glam up my make up with too much work! For weddings I like you use eyelashes No. 116.
Good mid-range pricing with a huge selection to choose from including some fantastic dramatic lashes.
I like the corner lashes(half lashes) which are wispy but dense. These really feel like your own lashes but give them a boost. If you want your eyes to look Cheryl Cole esq then try a set a these lovely lashes.
Perfect for adding glamour and lots and lots of drama. Lots of them being made up of feathers. They also do Premium lashes which come in a gift box, are individually crafted. They also do some which are Limited Edition. The Shu Uemura team will apply these for you as well! These are expensive but have a luxury quality about them. I say treat yourself....!
For a more permanent solution try our semi-permanent eyelash service.
Get your perfect summer lips
One of summers big trends is all about Luscious lips. I've tested some of these to get you the perfect pout! All have added benefits!:
My Favourite 3 products:
1. Clinique: Vitamin C Smoothie Anti-Oxidant Lip Colour-
This feels like a Lip Balm but looks like a gloss and with the added benefit of Vitamin C and anti-oxidants! This is the perfect little treat!
2. Bobbi Brown: Treatment Lip Shine
If your not a fan of Lipstick but want a hint more colour than gloss these are for you! Gorgeously fresh and moisturising and contains SPF! Perfect for looking after your lips.
3. Dior Addict: Plumping Volume Spectacular Shine Gloss-
I love these glosses! Beautiful range of colours, great shine and Volume Boosting! Always a bonus.
These are all fresh and add the perfect finishing touch to your Summer, Wedding look, while looking after your lips!
Helen é Cosmetics - Some excellent bridal make-up
Having recently had the pleasure to use some new goodies from their range, I thought I would write a quick review of their products and my favourites.
My Favourite 3 products from the Helen é Cosmetics range:
Powder Blusher in the Pink:
This shade of blusher is ideal for a pretty bridal look, it gives skin a healthy glow but still allows you to focus on your eyes or your fab hair do. I have been using it everyday since I tried it!
I first tried this in the morning after I didn’t have much sleep. This was the first make-up product I used and it made a huge difference to the appearance of brightening up my dark eye circles.
Glamour Colour Gloss- Champagne Pink
A great alternative to lipstick. I loved this gloss because of its gorgeous pinky tone and shimmer, very girly. A must-have for all gloss gals!
To purchase any Helen É Cosmetics have a look at their fab new website www.helen-e.com
A Guide to Primers
There has been lots of talk this week about Primers, so I thought I would add a quick guide to (hopefully) make it a bit clearer!
WHAT ARE PRIMERS? Primers are designed to enhance and improve skins look, feel and texture.
They also help to provide a good base to ensure smooth, even foundation and can help make, make-up last longer.
Just like moisturisers you can get different Primers for different skin types/concerns.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF PRIMER
For a Matte look or to help oily skin try Givenchy Mister Matte.
For an illuminating glow try Dior Skinflash.
Try Mac Primer or Nars Primer for an extra long lasting base.
Laura Mercier also has a whole range of primers including one for oily skin, a hydrating primer, illuminating and one that all the pros use, Laura Mercier Primer. Which is one of the originals!
For my all round fav I love the Guerlain Meteorites Primer.
It's perfect for a fresh glowing skin. It makes a great improvement to the skins texture and smells amazing! The downside is it is quite expensive so make sure it's on your birthday list!
Make-up Tips for Your Lips
Tip: For longer lasting lipstick, applying lip liner not just around the edges of your lips but all over them! Then layer your favourite shade of lipstick over the top! (The lip liner needs to be the same colour as your lipstick, to keep it fresh and natural. )
WHY? It will make sure your lip colour stay put for longer, this is very important for your wedding day as it means less touch-ups!
MY FAVOURITE PRODUCT
Bobbi Brown Lip liner:
A long-wearing lip liner, you can’t go wrong with Bobbi Brown.
watch Bobbi Browns lips how to video
Make-up Tips for Your Skin
Tip: For flawless foundation insure you prep your skin first. Repeat after me! Cleanse, Tone, Moisturise....!
WHY? Everyone needs to make sure they have a smooth and even as possible canvas to work on before applying their make-up. This will help make-up last longer, help to improve skin tone / texture and help to make sure that your skin looks radiant.
MY FAVOURITE PRODUCTS
1) Dermalogica: Special Cleansing Gel
2) Estee Lauder: Perfectly Clean Light Lotion Cleanser
1) Dermalogica: Multi Active Toner
2) Lancome: Tonique Douceur
1) Laura Mercier: Perfecting Water Rich
2) Estee Lauder: Day Wear Plus
Achieving a Sunless Wedding Tan
TIP: Always exfoliate your skin first for a smooth, even application and make make sure you wear gloves to avoid orange hands.
Try one of these for a fabulous fake tan:
1. Fake Bake Self Tan Mouse
Beautiful colour and very easy to apply. You can see the colour while you apply so you don't miss any bits.
2. Model Co Airbrush Body Bronzer
Quick to apply, nice colour and it doesn't feel like you have any product on your skin.
3. Lancome Flash Bronzer Leg Gel
Perfect for nights out, you can apply the tan and it develops in an hour. Nice golden shimmer. Let's show off those pins!
4. St Tropez Everyday Gradual Tan
No fuss, apply this like you would your normal moisturiser and you'll be glowing before you know it!
5. L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Fresh Feel Gel
Great value and easy to apply. This self tan doesn't dry out the skin like others do.
Products for Flawless Wedding Skin
For a squeaky clean face, start a great skin care regime with one of these......
1. Dermalogica- Special Cleansing Gel
Great for most skin types it throughly cleanses the skin whilst calming irritated areas. Brilliant.
2. Bobbi Brown- Lathering Tube Soap
A luxurious cleansing soap, that feels like a cream. Leaves skin soft and smooth and smells delicious.
3. Neutrogena- Visibly Clear Gentle Exfoliating Wash
Great for oilier skin types and good to help clear congestion. The exfoliator is mild enough to use everyday.
4. Dr Hauschka- Cleansing Cream
Can be used for all skin types and especially good for those with sensitive skin. Leaves skin soft and clean.
5. Estee Lauder- Perfectly Clean Foaming Cleanser
Very refreshing and leaves skin ultra clean. Great for those with a normal to combination skin type.
Filed in: wedding hair
Hair Accessories- A rough guide!
My top tips for hair accessories.
This is just a quick post to let all you brides to be - my tips for dressing up your hair. Stay tuned for many more articles about wedding day hair and make-up.
Top Places to Shop!
Patrick Cameron for Grips and pretty clips.
Ayedo.com Wonderful pieces specially designed for weddings.
Glitzysecrets.com You will find hair accessories for every occasion. Especially good for bridesmaids hair accessories and fascinators for mothers!
For great value grips,pins and spirals try the high street! Accessorize and for tiaras and head bands try Claires Accessories.
What accessories are good for Wedding hair?
Vintage: 40's side clips/combs ideal for soft updo's, mainly suited for styles that are low or set to one side.
Glamourous: Crowns great for attention and if you are going for full on glamour. Great if your hair style is big
Modern: Tiaras- A modern but classic style will work with almost all styles and with so much variety you are bound to find something to suit. Will make you feel like a princess.
Delicate detail: Vines- Newly popular adding beautiful detail to nearly all styles. Easy to use and they will bend and twist to the desired shape.
Simple: Headbands, adding simple but pretty detail to your look. These are great if you want to look special but understated.
Added Extras: Clips,grips,pins and spirals with pearls, crystals or diamontes. Great to added detail to a look especially for bridesmaids. Younger bridesmaids will love them!
Top 5 Spring Palettes:
1. Ysl- Ombres 5 Lumieres in Parisain Sky
Amazing on trend colours. Use them on there own or mix them up to create different looks. My pick for the perfect wedding make-up.
2. Mac- Colour 4 Plum/Burgundy Palette
These colours blend easily to create the spring catwalk smokey eye.
3. Dior- Spring 5 Colour Palette 743
Beautiful mystic shades to suit all skin tones
4. No.7- Natural Radiance Eye Palette
Pretty pastel hues, wearable for any natural day looks.
5. Lancome- Pop'n'Palette in Pop'n'Petrol
Update your smokey look with this green palette. Mix the light colours for day and add the dark and sparkly ones at night!
Spring 2010 Make-up Look
Having once not been a fan of Spring, with its usual soft wishy-washy colours, I have been completely transformed with this Seasons Spring Summer collections. I'm loving the pastels, coral shades and the amazing skin enhancing foundations and the new palettes ideal for the 2010 wedding season.
Here are my favourite spring wedding products:
Dior Skin flash primer-
leaves skin smooth, soft and ultra glowing.
Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge Calypso Coral-
leaves a fresh, natural blush instead of my usual pink hue.
Dior 5 couleurs 743 Coquette:
a perfect blend of Spring colours which suit all skin tones.
Get the look:
Perfect on-trend day look
1) Get rid of any flaky skin on the lips and apply a lip moisturiser.
2) Prime Skin with Dior Skin flash Primer for immaculate skin ready for foundation.
3) Get rid of dark circles with a dab of Bobbi Brown Eye Bright.
4) Apply 2 drops of Max factor Skin Foundation and blend well with Foundation Brush to achieve a flawless finish.
5) Combine colours from the Dior Spring palette to define and bring out eyes and soften edges with a fluff brush.
6) Apply Pot Rouge to the apples of the cheeks and lips.
7) Finish with lashings of mascara.
Filed in: make-up websites
Top 5 Illuminators for a Spring/Summer Sheen:
1. Yves Saint Lauren- Spring Look Highlighting Palette.
Soft, pastel pearly shades. Looks great for a natural wedding look. It also comes in a chic compact. Carry this is your handbag and you will be the envy of your friends.
2. Soleil Tan De Chanel- Iridescent Highlighting Emulsion.
Great for a warm-enhancing glow.
3. Dior -Skinflash Primer
Perfectly primes the skin before foundation. It will half the amount of foundation you will need.
4. Avon- Luminous Finish Face Illuminator
Easy to apply with it's built-in brush. A bargain buy!
5. Bobbi Brown- Shimmer Brick in Nectar
Perfect for oily skin types who still want a subtle glow. Can also be as eyeshadows to highlight the eyes.